Saturday, February 22, 2014

"There have been times over the last couple of years - as things have started to work out for me in career terms - when i've stopped to reflect on what the legacy of all this formative unhappiness has been, in terms of the ultimate goals of my ambition. When would I stop? I've realized that my ambition is actually beyond the designs of the Third Reich. When I used to sit in the front seat on car journeys with my dad, he always listened to motivational tapes: Anthony Robbins, people like that. The one thing I got from them - something my dad endowed me with himself, as well as through these self-help brainwashing cassettes - was that you can do whatever you want. Now if I want something - whether its a job or a woman - I will determinedly, resolutely, remove anything that's in the way, until I possess the object of my desire. My dad's philosophy was (and I think still is) that life is a malevolent force, which seeks to destroy you, and you will have to struggle with it. Only those who are hard enough will succeed. Most people get crushed, but if you fight, in the end life will go 'Fucking hell. This one's serious. Let him through."

No comments:

Post a Comment